Auction House

Contemporary Art

Object overview
Object

0041

Walter Pichler

(Deutschnofen/Südtirol 1936 - 2012 St. Martin/Raab)

„Türmchen - mixed lot of 12 works“
1984-88
India ink, tempera on paper; India ink on paper; pencil on paper; framed
29.5 x 20.6 cm - 67.4 x 89.2 cm
signed, dated and partly inscribed on the lower right

Provenance

Galerie Krinzinger, Vienna;
since then in an important European private collection

Price on application

To achieve an inseparable unity of the sculpture and its surrounding architecture, Walter Pichler designed special dwellings with perfect proportions and light incidence for his sculptures in St. Martin. These rooms conserve and protect – just like a temple or reliquary casket – the precious, hieratical sculptures, for which he only used earthy and natural materials, such as wood, clay as well as metal. Throughout his life, the Austrian sculptor, draughtsman and architect concerned himself with the fundamental issues of our human existence: the body within space and time. Hereby he focused amongst other topics on the primary cult of man: the worship of his own image.